- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coarse mustard
- 1 (8-ounce) French bread baguette
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey breast
- 1/4 pound Brie cheese, thinly sliced - I probably used more. Okay. I used more.
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apple
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 475°.
Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl. Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet and toast in oven 3-4 minutes, turn and toast just a bit longer (you want chewy, not tough). Spread honey mixture on bottom half of loaf; top with turkey and cheese. Bake until cheese begins to melt.
Arrange watercress and apple slices onto melted cheese; sprinkle with pepper. Cover with top half of loaf, and cut into 4 portions.